Helping in Pregnancy, Childbirth, & New Parents
Among holistic health practitioners, we at Hygeia have a unique awareness of the special needs of the childbearing year. Several of our practitioners are experienced birth attendants (midwife and doula). Most of us are mothers and have experienced pregnancy and birth in our own bodies and in our own families. Many of our practitioners specialize in women’s health and infant/child health. This transformative time holds a special place in our hearts.
We recognize the childbearing year as a high-demand / high-impact period in life, full of physical, emotional, and spiritual changes as well as shifting roles. At Hygeia, we support women and families by providing nutritional, herbal, physical, and energetic resources, as well as an environment that promotes knowledge, empowerment, and self-awareness. We affirm the integral part of each member of the family. We believe that joyful deep attachment between babies and caregivers is a cornerstone of health for a lifetime and a deeply fulfilling experience.
Fridays 2:00-3:30 Connections Free Plan and Learn Group for Caregivers and Babies
All are welcome: moms, dads, nannies, grandparents, etc. Need more information?
Our services for the childbearing year are:
- Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine: Fertility, Pregnancy Health, Birth Preparation, Natural Induction, Breastfeeding
- Childbirth Education: Birth, Breastfeeding, Postpartum Health and Early Infant Development
- Dance for Birth: Prenatal/Postpartum Fitness
- Infant Massage: 4 week class or private session
- Infant Mental Health and Counseling for Children 0-6: Attachment, Development, Discipline
- Naturopathic Medicine: Fertility, Pregnancy Health, Postpartum Recovery, Hormonal Balance
- Prenatal/Postnatal “Mama Yoga”
- Prenatal & Postnatal Massage
- Psychotherapy for Women and Couples: Transitions, Adoption, Infertility, Parenting, Grief, Trauma
- Support Group for Pregnant Women
- 2-6 Months Baby Class: Covers teething, solid foods, changes in your sexuality and more!